Thursday 30 April 2015

Throwback Thursday!

Throwback Thursday!

This week I am taking you back to Summer 2006.
My parents took me to stay in Cumbernauld, so we could visit the Falkirk Wheel and we also travelled over to Dunoon for the Highland Games!

First up is the Falkirk Wheel, We even got to go it, which was a different experience for me as it was the first time I had been on a canal.

The Falkirk Wheel.
 

Wheel.

The Wheel is a boat lift that connects the Forth and Clyde Canal to the Union Canal.

It opened in 2002, connecting the two Canals for the first time since the 1930's.

Wheel going up!

Wheel back down!

It was a fab day, unfortunately I haven't been back.

The following day we decided to go over to Dunoon on the ferry from Port Glasgow!

Port Glasgow.


Dunoon.

Mum on the Ferry.

Looking back at Port Glasgow.

Mum and Dad on the Ferry.

Me with Port Glasgow in back ground.


The Dunoon Highland Games are the first that I can actually recall.

The main thing that caught my eye at the Games was the Birds of Prey.
 



Snowy Owl!





They had all the information about where all the owls came from and what their diet was.

They also had displays with Barn Owls! (Which are my Favourite!)











They also had Classic Cars on display too.













Thanks for Reading!

Claire
x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment