Saturday 28 March 2015

Speedway Saturday!

What is Speedway?

For those of you who know me well will know I am a massive fan of Speedway. So I'm going to explain what it is for those who don't know :)
 
Speedway is a motor race involving bikes, with four riders racing on an anti-clockwise oval track.
 
The bikes only have one gear and no brakes.
 
The speedway motto is No Brakes, No Gears, No Fear.
 
The bikes can reach a max of 70mph on the straight sections of the track!
 
 
The scoring system is set as winner of the heat gets 3 points, second place gets 2 points, third place 1 point and last no points.
 
So you now know the basics of what it is :)
 
Now I'm going to share my accessories for my speedway obsession and some pictures of my favourite moments so far!
 
 
First up is my new Radley Bag I bought to take with me to carry my pen and board of marking off the scores. I chose this because of the colours Black and Gold, these are the colours of my home team!
 


Next up is a headband my parents gave me, again the colours are appropriate!
 


 
I have a few hoodies, but the one pictured below is my favourite, my team hoodie!
 
My team are called The Berwick Bandits!!!



 
Next is a montage I made myself of the Bandits from last season 2014.






Like most teams we have a Mascot, our Bandits Bear!
 
 


 
We've even had the privilege of having Sky Sports to our Track for a meeting again Edinburgh!



Sky Sports Booth on the 3rd Bend
 
 Without the track staff and all the other staff this sport probably wouldn't be happening in my home town.


Track and starting tapes staff :)

I have a few friends and family that go to the speedway with me, but I've chosen two pics of two of my favourite people who go to the speedway :)
 

Me and my Mum.

Me and my Friend Linda :)

Below are two pics of two riders who are coming back this season to ride for the Berwick Bandits again!


Claus Vissing

Kevin Doolan
 

Below are a few pics of some of the riders racing!
 






Finally, my last two pics of another two speedway riders, who I hope to see again one day!



Linus Sundstrom

Maciej Janowski
 
 
Thanks for Reading!
 
Claire
x


No comments:

Post a Comment