Saturday 21 March 2015

My London Adventure!

My London Adventure!

Part 12: Tower Bridge and Boat Tour.

 
This week I'm sharing my photos from Tower Bridge and the lovely boat tour I took, which only cost me £5.20!
 
Tower Bridge is one of my favourite landmarks in London, though I am not sure why haha! Also it's hard getting a selfie with a huge bridge but I did it!
 
Bridge Selfie! (Though it looks Photo shopped!)
 

Tower Bridge!


 
 
Here is some info about Tower Bridge:
-It is a Bascule Bridge.
- It is 244 Metres long and 61 Meters high.
-It was opened on 30th June 1894, nearly 121 years ago.
-It is a Grade 1 structure.
 

River side of Traitors Gate


Many of you who have read previous posts may remember I saw the other side of Traitors Gate, when I visited the Tower, but this time I got to see the outer side, all thanks to my boat trip!

The Tower of London.
 

City Hall & The Shard!


The Shard is an 87 Storey high Skyscraper, which has a viewing platform, a restaurant and a 18 floor 5* hotel called the Shangri-La!

HMS Belfast.

Another Shot of HMS Belfast.


HMS Belfast is now a Museum ship, it weighs 10,480 tons! It was launched on March 17th 1936 and it was decommissioned 24th August 1963.

City Hall again!
 

Butlers Wharf.

A Man cleaning the Windows.


I only took the above picture because it amused me for some reason, I think it was because he is so far up the building cleaning the windows haha!


The Millennium Bridge. 



Cleopatra's Needle.


Cleopatra's Needle is  made of red granite from the quarries of Aswan, weighing a hefty 224 tons each. Standing tall at 68ft (21 metres), they were originally erected in ancient Egyptian city of Heliopolis by Pharoah Thutmose III (1481-1425BC) around 1450BC. Ramesses II (1300s-1213BC) added the hieroglyphs around 200 years later to commemorate his military victories.

 

I think this is a Restaurant.

The London Eye.


Thanks for Reading

Claire
x


No comments:

Post a Comment