Saturday 21 February 2015

My London Adventure!

My London Adventure!

 

Part 8: Around London Pt2!

 
Here we go again! Time for part 2 of the tour around London!
 
So we were heading off to Trafalgar Square!
(It's amazing how close everything is to each other!)
 
 

Nelson's Column.

Bottom of Nelson's Column,

The National Gallery

It was great to stand at the bottom of Nelson's Column. Also to stand outside the National Gallery was great! (On my next visit, I'll be taking a visit inside the Gallery!)

From here we carried on to the Mall but didn't go to Buckingham Palace, we headed for Horse Guards Parade.


Admiralty Arch.



The Guards Memorial.


Statue of Kitchener.

From Horse Guards Parade, we continued on to see Downing Street. (Not sure why it was on my list of things to see but there you go!)


Downing Street!

I had always wanted to see the Cenotaph, so that was our next destination!

Women of War Memorial.

The Cenotaph.

The Cenotaph.


 
After, having stood and seen the Cenotaph and paid our respects to all the soldiers who have fallen for us, we moved on to the nearest tube station for our final destination of the day!
 
We headed to Covent Garden!
 
I had never been there before! (I also had a blonde moment, I thought it was an actual garden.....DUH!)
 
Me and Penny sat in the sun and people watched, looked around the market, as well as watching some of the street performers. (Who are amazing!)




Church at Covent Garden!


That's it for another week!!

Claire
x
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment