Saturday 24 January 2015

My London Adventure!

My London Adventure!

 

Part 4: Royal Dresses and Clothing!

 
Hi again! Part 4 already! So much more I have to share with you!
So I'll get straight to it!
Last week I posted about my visit to Kensington Palace and I briefly mentioned that I visited the Royal dresses section!
 
Well, I felt that that particular section deserved a post of its own!
Unfortunately, because I have a mind like a sieve I can't remember all the facts about every piece, only a few, so this post may be more photo based!
 
Hope you enjoy the elegance of these classic pieces!

These first two dresses, were worn by Queen Elizabeth the 2nd, these were worn by her, not long after her Coronation. The first dress, she wore on a visit in 1953 on a visit to New Zealand. 

Queen's New Zealand dress.

 
The next set of dresses belonged to the Queen's Sister, Princess Margaret. One of the dresses, you'll probably guess which one, Margaret wore on a visit to India! All of her dresses that were on display, she wore during the 1950's era.
 


Princess Margaret's Indian Dress.
 
This set of dresses belonged to Princess Diana of Wales. I unfortunately don't have any information on these two dresses, but they are two of her most iconic dresses.
 

 
The next set of dresses belonged to Queen Victoria and there is a couple of outfits that belonged to Prince Albert!
The dresses of Victoria start from when she and Albert were just children, then there is a dress from her teenage years and lastly a dress that belonged to her and two outfits that were her children's; these outfits were the families mourning clothes after Prince Albert died.
 

Albert's iconic outfit.


Family's mourning clothes.
Lastly, is the mourning clothes of King William the 3rd, after his wife and co-ruler Queen Mary the 2nd Died.
King William the 3rd.
See you in a week's time for my next instalment!

Bye!

Claire
x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment