Saturday 20 June 2015

The Book Tag!

 
Here we, another weekend, another tag! This time I've chose to do the book tag, I complied most of the questions myself!
 
Here goes!
 
1) What is your favourite book?
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. I love the way the characters are written and the whole story. My Mum says I have the same disorder as Dr Jekyll haha!
 
 
2) Who is your favourite author?
It's hard to chose between Oscar Wilde and Jane Austen. I love both of them and their works. I'll stick with both as they are so different.
 
3) What genre do you prefer?
Gothic/ Victorian Literature. Especially 18th/19th century literature.
 
4) What is your favourite book series?
I'd have to say the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead. but I also like the Infernal Devices and the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
 
5) What books did you hate reading in high school?
I'd say anything by Chaucer, I don't mind the stories, but the old English puts me off. We read the Miller's tale and I really hated that one!
 
 
 
6) What is the first book you remember reading as a child?
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, it is the only one I ever remember from my childhood.
 
7) Book shops or Libraries?
I'd say book shops, I could spend hours searching for books to buy. I tend to drag my friends and family into all sorts of book shops!
 
 
8) How many books do you own?
I've never actually counted, but I'll take a guess at an average of 150.
 
 
9) Do you read before bed?
Occasionally but not always, depends on the day I've had.
 
 
10) What is the most recent book you've read?
The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead, which I am still currently reading at the time I wrote this post!
 
 
 
 
11) What quote from any book will you never forget? Why is it significant?
"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then." From Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It is significant because it is true, each day we are different and not the same person we were the day before.
 
12) What book can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of?
Regeneration by Pat Barker. Each time I read it the truth and reality of it all hits me and I never tire of the story or the images it sets in my mind.
 
13) What is the biggest lesson you've learnt from a book?
Learn to love another, no matter how they look or how they act.
 
If any one wants to give it a go, feel free!
 
 
Thanks for Reading!
 
Claire
x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment