Friday 3 April 2015

The TMI Travel Tag

Magalluf, Mallorca 2013


1. What was the last country you visited?

The last country I went to would be Spain back in 2013. I travelled to Mallorca with my best friend Sarah.

 

 
2. How many countries have you visited?

6 countries that aren’t in the UK, if I include the UK it would be 9!

All the countries I have visited are: England, Scotland, Wales, France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Greece and one I nearly forgot about Andorra!  

  
3. What is your favourite place on the planet that you have been to?

Ypres in Belgium, I love the scenery and it is so peaceful, considering what happened there over a hundred years ago now. It is a place that makes me think how thankful I am to be here now.

 
 
Me in a WW1 Trench.
 

 

4. Favourite place in your home country?

 I would have to say Edinburgh, Yes I was born there and I’m practically a native, but it will always be my favourite place. The history, the culture and the beauty behind the city will always have a place in my heart.

 

 5. If you could board a plane now, where would you go?

Australia without a doubt. I have always wanted to go, so I could see Sydney, Melbourne, see where Neighbours is filmed. But now I have an even better reason for going and that is to see my wonderful Cousin Lizzie and her family. I miss them loads so it would be a must!


 
6. What's your cup of tea - Tropical island getaway, snowy ski break, or city exploring trips?

Ooo this is a hard one as I like them all haha! I think it would have to be city exploring trips as I love history, as well as seeing and learning about new places.
 
 
 
Oostende, Belgium, 2008 

 

 7. What are your top 3 hand luggage must-haves?

My top 3 must haves are my camera, I’m not a pro photographer but I still like to take my pics! My diary, I like to keep track of where I’ve been, what I’ve seen and make general historic notes. And lastly a good book/ my kobo, I get easily bored especially waiting around in airports haha!

 

 8. Any travel tips to share?

Planning and research is a must especially for me. When I went to London I had my own itinerary all planned out, I had done my research, such as checking prices for attractions, so I knew I had enough saved to visit them. I also think it’s best to plan your travel routes, again if anyone is like me, I like to keep to the plan and keep to my allotted times so I can explore as much as I can.

 

 9. Most embarrassing moment abroad.

I had to ask my mum for some help on this one as she remembers them more than I do haha! We both agreed on when we visited Barcelona. We were staying in Estartit and it was my first holiday abroad, but 3 weeks before we were going, I broke my arm. Anyway that’s the setting of my story haha! While in Barcelona, we were shopping and in this little shop, I tripped over the leg of a dress rail and went flying across the floor with my broken arm, nearly giving myself another broken arm. Safe to say I shouldn’t be let out!

 

 
10. Biggest disappointment.

 I have 2, but I’ve gone for my stay in Los Christianos in Tenerife. The hotel was horrible and very much a let-down. It didn’t match the description from the brochure. We had cockroaches in our apartment so we had to change rooms. Then to top it off, there were loads of burglaries in our hotel, people without safety deposit boxes were being targeted. So it’s fair to say I won’t be going back there for a long time! 

 

 
11. Nicest surprise.

My nicest surprise would be when I went to London and it wasn’t till I got back to my cousin’s house and I was looking through my photos from the Tower of London and I realised I’d snapped a photo of Prince harry and Prince William!

 

 12. Three places at the tip of the travel bucket list.

Australia, Rome and Egypt.

 

 
13. Favourite food discovery. 

It would be discovering I like horse, even though I didn’t know I had eaten it until afterwards. I was on a school trip to Paris and were having pasta and meatballs for tea. Then the teacher told us what he had eaten afterwards. It took a while to sink in but there we go haha!



Me With Mickey at Disneyland Paris, 2006
 

14. Why do you travel?

I travel because I like exploring, seeing new place and learning new things, especially if it is historical or literature related. It is one of my passions and one of my favourite hobbies.

 

 15. What 3 things would you take on holiday/going travelling if you could?

Ok, this is hard. Firstly, I’d want to take my own bed with me, I can’t seem to sleep well when away anywhere haha! Secondly, I would want to take most if not all of my wardrobes, I’m indecisive when it comes to choosing what to wear. Lastly, my massive book collection, as I said earlier I get bored easily, so a nice supply of books would keep me happy!

 
16. Have you picked up any phrases from travelling?

Some, but not many. A few phrases from a variety of languages. Most of my phrases I come out with are from my days of living in Lancashire, I tend to say words like Chuffing’ haha!

 

 17. What two places would you not go back to and why?

First of would be Tenerife, for all the reasons I stated earlier, it was a horrible experience and I don’t want to have it happen again. Secondly, Corfu, I’ve been once and I didn’t care for it. I would love to visit Athens, but other than that I’ll never visit Greece again, I’m not keen on their bathroom habits!

 
18. Your dream travel companion.

My dream travel companion would have to be someone who loves travel, who loves history and who love a bit of an adventure. For none famous, I’d say one of my close friends. For a famous companion I’d say Ewan McGregor, I love his show Long Way Round and I think he’d make a fab native companion for me!

 

19. Most surreal travel moment.
I’m not sure how to answer this one as I don’t think I’ve had one so far, so I’ll leave this one be haha!

 

 
20. Three people you would like to see do this tag?
I don’t have three people to tag, but I shall tag:

Sarah


Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

Claire
x

No comments:

Post a Comment