Saturday 25 April 2015

My London Adventure!

My London Adventure!

Part 16: Buckingham Palace.


This week I'm sharing my wee trip to Buckingham Palace, Which I had been planning to go inside and have a look around, but alas! The only tour tie that was left was 5.30pm and when I arrived it was 3.10pm. So I just left it as I wanted to be back to my cousin's house before 8pm.
 
Anyways, seeing the outside still satisfied me haha!
 
Buckingham Palace.

The picture above was taken as I was coming out of St James' park.

Gates Leading to Green Park.

Queen Victoria Monument.


The Victoria Memorial was created by sculptor Sir Thomas Brock in 1911 and erected in front of the main gates at Buckingham Palace on a surround constructed by architect Sir Aston Webb.

Queen Victoria Monument again!


Queen Victoria was the first Monarch to reside at Buckingham Palace. Her Predecessor King William IV died before it was completed.
 

Monument Selfie!


The east wing of Buckingham Palace, the public façade, enclosing the courtyard, was a later addition, built between 1847 and 1850; it was remodeled to its present form in 1913. (Shown in Photo Below!)

East Wing!


Gates to the Palace.

East Wing of Buckingham Palace.


I unfortunately missed the changing of the Guard, but one day I'll see it!

Royal Guard.


Last but not least I couldn't help myself to not get a Buckingham Palace Selfie!

Palace Selfie!



Thanks for Reading!

Claire
X

 



No comments:

Post a Comment