Wednesday 4 March 2015

My Top 3.....

Vampire Novels!

Hi all! Welcome to my new series My Top 3...
 
Each week I'll be sharing what are my top 3 of something. (My opinion of what are top 3, I would love for you to share what your top 3 are, see if they are the same or completely different!)
 
So to start this new series off I'm staring with Vampire Novels, I tend to read a lot of them and I know the most conventional one would be Dracula, but unfortunately for me that would be listed number 4 ha!
 
So starting in descending order:
 
3.) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: I know many people have their reservations about the book and many people detest it. But to me it will still be in my top 3. I like the authors' ideas behind her interpretation of what vampires are. (I don't agree with the sparkling in the sunlight.) I love the idea of them being categorised as 'Vegetarians' only drinking the blood of animals and keeping humans safe. Also the idea of vampires having different gifts (Seeing the future and Mind-reading) is also interesting ideology of what a vampire has as a trait.
 
 
2.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: This book and the rest of the book series has had me hooked from the first page. Richelle Mead's writing is gripping and you're not sure what she is going to do with the characters next!
Her ideas of there being 3 types of vampires also intrigues me! Strigoi being the evil vampires, the Moroi who are good and some are Royal and then the Dhampirs who are half-human, half-vampire. The idea of a hierarchy within vampire society and having their own world along side ours yet, humans are shielded away from this is so new and fresh. it is a very modern notion but also keeps many traditional traits of what a vampire  is.
 
And now the reveal!
 
1.) Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice: I may be bias on what vampires should be depicted as, but I'm a sucker for the traditional vampire. Anne Rice has got this down to a T. She keeps all the traditional traits of no sunlight, drinking human blood and just being down right ruthless! Lestat and Louis have to be the best Vampire characters to have been created. No matter what anyone says they are the original vampires.
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Claire
x

No comments:

Post a Comment